Is ADSL available in your area? Type your phone number here
Getting Started with ADSL Quick Guide.
Once your Broadband service has been activated, use the following 6-step guide to help you get started quickly and easily.
1. Check that you have your ADSL modem, microfilters, all relevant connecting cables and your modem's installation CD. Insert the CD into your computer and follow the installation procedures.
2. Plug microfilters into your telephone sockets. Microfilters need only be plugged into the sockets on the line that ADSL Broadband is being supplied on.
The microfilters prevent the different signals of the ADSL service and the standard voice telephony service interfering with one another on the same line. You must plug all communications equipment (including telephones and fax machines) into the microfilters, as well as the connecting cable from your ADSL modem.
You will need a telephone socket within 3m of your ADSL modem and computer, as this is the average length of a connecting cable.
3. Connect up and install your ADSL modem, referring to the instructions provided in the manufacturer's user guide or manual.
4. Access the dialler box by clicking on the connection icon that will be displayed on your desktop or in your system tray once you have successfully installed the modem drivers.
5. Enter your username into the dialler-box: your user email@example.com,
(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). You need to enter a password. Then Press 'connect' or 'Dial' to complete the connection.
6. You will then be connected to the Internet and can type the URL address for any site you wish to visit into your browser.
What is ADSL?
What is Unmetered?
What is ISDN?
Self Install Guide
© 2003 All Rights Reserved